Friday 31 August 2012

Very Effektiv Garbage & Recycling Bins

I've seen something similar to this a while ago on the internet, but I can't remember where it was now. Then I saw this on IKEAHackers.net - Very Effektiv Garbage & Recycling Bins:


I have to do this to the kitchen for the food waste recycling. I'm fed up of the small brown plastic bin that Bristol Council provide, and this is an almost perfect solution!


Materials: Effektiv Cabinets, Varde Countertop, Chrome trim rings, garbage cans


Description: One of my clients needed a clean solution for their garbage, so I came up with this.
 
Step One - Remove the back panel from one Effektiv cabinet to allow room for the garbage cans.

Step two - Pull the cabinet forward from the wall, cut removed back panel to use on the end to hide the space behind.





Step three - Add and cut holes in the Varde counter top and the top of the Effektiv cabinet.


Step four - Glue polished stainless steel trim rings into place. Notes: We also added a back splash made from a scrap piece of the Varde counter top....and you can see one of the garbage cans is missing! It was on order when we took the pictures.



Enjoy!


~ Andy, NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment