Sunday 7 October 2012

Capacitive Phone Charging

Just a quick post to save some useful links.

I'm near the end of my 2 year mobile phone contract, and so far the logical upgrade is from my existing HTC Desire to a HTC One X. I noticed that it has some pogo pins on the back, allowing for it to be docked and charged.

The official HTC media dock is £50! So I did a bit of Google-Fu and found this thread where someone made their own docking case.

I also found a youtube video of someone who used the Palm Touchstone capacitive charger with a custom case that hooks into the pogo pins. There are no instructions for this persons mod, but I'm sure I can make something similar.




1 comment:

  1. HTC One X is a beautiful phone... but personally i'm gearing up to throw my money at a Galaxy Note II.

    I swear the specs of that phone/tablet make most of my customers laptops look inferior.

    ReplyDelete