Sunday 21 October 2012

T minus 33 hours and counting!

So, a few months of legal paperwork, solicitors and estate agents, and the end is in sight!

We exchanged contracts last week, and completion is set for tomorrow evening (Monday 22nd October). Then its over to us!

I'm really looking forward to making some visible progress; getting access to the house and being able to measure, plan and clean up before we get fully moved in (my weeks holiday off work doesn't start until Saturday 27th October)

There is going to be plenty to do over the next 2 weeks, but we managed to move last year into our current flat in less than a week.

The geeky technology house related hacks will have to be put on hold while traditional decorating and moving in is done, but I'm planning ahead and thinking of little tweakes that will make future hacks easier and save on time, effort and mess when implementing them later:

- installing cat5 while any potential mains electrical rewiring is done
- fitting extra capacity mains sockets where needed (although this could be hard to predict)
- getting the nice virgin media engineer to put and hide the coax cable where I want it to go (or at least leaving me some spare cable so I can re-route it later)

I'm almost considering some sort of house wide CAN bus installation (as used in modern cars to link all the electronic subsystems) but this would need more research and planning, which is probably best spent on the house move and initial decoration.

Anyway, as I have Blogger on my smartphone, I should be able to post more frequent updates (and photos) quite easily (if I remember to)

No comments:

Post a Comment